HOW TO MAKE A RESERVATION:
Step 1: Select the number of people in your group (above). The calendar and booking form will appear.
Step 2: Select your date in the calendar. The price will be shown at the bottom of the booking form. Fill in the required information in the booking form.
Step 3: Select ‘Add to Cart’ and then select ‘Proceed to Checkout’.
Step 4: Fill in the required billing information and select ‘Place Order’ to pay securely with your credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express). You will receive an immediate confirmation of your reservation.
- Enjoy a unique full-day excursion on the South East/East Coast of Mauritius (9:30am to 4:00pm)
- Snorkel in the crystal clear waters of Blue Bay Marine Park
- View Ile de La Passe and learn about the naval battle of Grand Port
- Explore Ile du Phare and take beautiful photos of the stunning scenery
- Visit the famous Grand River South East waterfall
- Enjoy a delicious barbecue lunch on Ile aux Cerfs
- Stop by Ile aux Aigrettes to swim and relax
For the ultimate day out in paradise, it’s hard to beat this unique island hopping day trip that delivers adventure, relaxation and discovery. Snorkel at the famous Blue Bay Marine Park, filled with amazing coral formations and an abundance of colourful fish; swim in the crystal-clear blue waters of the South and South-East coast of Mauritius; visit the historically significant islands and soak in some breathtaking sceneries; enjoy a delicious barbecued lunch right on the beach; and relax on the white sandy beaches of Ile aux Cerfs!
This fantastic, fun-filled day begins with a snorkelling stop at Blue Bay. As your speedboat approaches the marine park, you will begin to understand why this beach is called Blue Bay: the water is a multitude of shades of blue. You will want nothing more than to put on your mask and flippers and hop in the water to discover the abundance of colourful tropical fish, including the trumpet fish, diverse coral formations and other marine creatures that call this park home.
Then you will head off to Ile de la Passe and Ile au Phare, where your knowledgeable and friendly skipper will provide you with educational commentary on the historical significance of these two islands. From your boat, you will be able to view the ruins of old buildings, including a prison, dating back to 200 years! You will learn about the great naval battle of Grand Port that took place in the South East. You will stop at Ile au Phare, also known as Ile aux Fouquets and have some time to visit the island, which is a photographer’s dream. It has an abandoned lighthouse, beautiful cliffs where you can see powerful waves crashing against the rocks, and you can come across many interesting and rare creatures such as lizards and tropicbirds.
You will then visit the Grand River South East waterfall, and on the way, see the curious monkeys jumping through the big old trees on the river banks if you’re lucky. You can see the Mauritian fruit bats resting perched on the highest trees as you approach the waterfall. Your skipper will offer you a drink and you’ll be on your way again!
You will head to the wild side of Ile aux Cerfs for a delicious barbecue lunch, prepared and served right on the beach in the shade of the casuarina trees.
Lunch Menu on Ile aux Cerfs:
- Barbecue: chicken, fresh fish, lobster (250g) or scampi (400g), bread, rice, mixed salad
- Dessert: flaming bananas
- Drinks: red, rosé, and white wine, beer, rum, Coca Cola, fruit juice, mineral water
After that you will head to the postcard-perfect side of Ile aux Cerfs where you can spend an hour lazing in the sun on the golden sand beaches. There are other activities on the island that you can partake in once you’re there. The hardest part of your day will be leaving this island, but don’t worry, you will get to finish the day by going for a dip near the Ile aux Aigrettes.
- A full-day speedboat excursion of the South East/East coast
- Snorkelling at Blue Bay Marine Park (snorkelling gear provided)
- Viewing of Ile de la Passe and visit of Ile du Phare
- Visit of the Grand River South East (GRSE) waterfall
- Barbecue lunch and drinks on the wild side of Ile aux Cerfs
- Time to relax on the beaches of Ile aux Cerfs
- Swimming near Ile Aux Aigrettes
- Towel, sunglasses, and sunscreen
- Swimsuits (already put on)